Life is What You Make It

There are some who say that life is life, it is meant to be lived and there are some things human beings are not meant to do. Yet dreams, inventions, discoveries, and mysteries still exist. To think that this is all that life has to offer, that you cannot have an increase, is preposterous, at least for those who choose to have it that way. This is inspiration of the power of the mind and body to become something you never have before. This is not about inspirational quotes, this is about discovering something you have already thought of before.*

Friday, August 28, 2015

The Project

Hopefully you have read my posts about Alternative Medicine, Synesthesia, Expressive Art Therapy, Colors, and PNI. If you have read them or you already have a good understanding of each of the subjects, then you can easily understand where I am coming from with my projects I have in mind.

How I will be combining all these may be a slight mystery. Hopefully I can solve it for you.

Here is the deal, Expressive Art Therapy is a form of Alternative Medicine. I hope to focus on the psychological point of view of art and medicine thus bringing in PNI. Psychologically, art and colors already have been studied to be influential for all patients for all sorts of reasons in clinics, home settings, and academics. Synesthesia comes in because it is associated with the art forms as well as psychology. This brings me to the conclusion and the project of understanding therapy by studying PNI and bringing it about by a form of voluntary synesthesia. Thus, my hopeful development of Synesthetic Therapy.

Have an equation! If that helps at least.

Expressive Art Therapy = (Art + Psychology (P))/Alternative Medicine
PNI= P + Medicine
P = art, colors, psyche, synesthesia
Synesthetic Therapy  = Expressive Art Therapy + PNI

That was fun.

So, back to the project.

I do not know if any of you have heard of the theory of multiple intelligences. The theory of multiple intelligences, in short, says that no one is smarter than another, we all have the same capabilities, we just have different ways of learning. Also, one may excel in one area but someone else will in another. We are equally intelligent.

The different ways of learning or intelligences are categorized as the following.
  • Logical-mathematical (much like fluid intelligence and g-factor) logic, abstractions, reasoning, numbers, critical thinking, principles of a casual system)
  • Spatial (spatial judgement and ability to visualize)
  • Linguistic (words and languages, good at reading, writing, story telling, memorizing, and high verbal ability.
  • Bodily-kinesthetic (being able to control the body so acutely that they can handle objects skillfully including a good sense of timing, goal of physical action, train responses, and learn better with muscular movement or in other words, hands on learning experience mostly entailing physical activities from making things to sports.
  • Musical (auditory learning or in other words, sensitive to sounds, rhythm, tone, music, lectures, songs, pitch, melody, etc.)
  • Interpersonal (interaction with others or in other words, sensitive to moods, feelings, temperaments, motivations, and able to cooperate to be in a group)
  • Intrapersonal (self-reflective or having a deep understanding of the self in strengths, weaknesses, qualities, and predicting one's self reactions.
  • Naturalistic (nurturing and relating information to one's natural surroundings)
  • Existential (spiritual or religious intelligence
The reason why I bring this theory out is because of the fact that my project cannot be too specific or I will get a very one sided result. This is one reason why in the surveys, I ask simple learning questions. I want to know what the public generally likes to do as well as what kind of projects shall I make so that one can explore their senses in a therapeutic way.

We perceive things so differently that not only can I not be to specific but as a counselor and therapist, people just are different and there is no magic bullet like some people may like to think.

With what was listed, I can honestly say that personally, I fit into many of those categories. It could be because I was trained that way or that happens to be my ability of understanding. I don't honestly know if I excel in one or another area but I do know I can relate to these different learning based on what the situation is.

There are so many ways to go about this that deciding what to do will be difficult.

Here are some ideas of focus
  • Chromesthesia (sound to color)

 I want to know whether or not, with plasticity in the brain, if we can develop a bit of a controllable synesthetic ability. If individuals already connect objects and music with color, as the experience I explained in short on my post of colors, then what does it look like? What does it psychologically do to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment